You may still be on the fence as to whether laser hair removal is for you. That’s totally understandable – especially if you heard conflicting opinions on the treatment before. We know that achieving smooth, silky skin can be a full-time job when using traditional methods such as waxing, shaving or hair removal cream. Laser hair removal offers an effective, long term solution.
Many of our clients ask us whether the procedure is painful, how long it takes to see results and if there are any drawbacks. We’ve put together our frequently asked questions below which will reveal all:
Does laser hair removal hurt – which areas will hurt more than others?
When people think of ‘laser hair removal’ they may automatically assume that it is a painful procedure, however,’ Laser hair removal is not a painful treatment! The sensation is always dependent upon the person receiving the treatment, but it is overall a comfortable treatment and our clients are always surprised at how pain free and quick the procedure is.
You will, however, find that certain areas can be more sensitive than others. For example, the bikini line area may be more sensitive during certain times of the month for women. Clients always say how comfortable leg treatment is and even compare it to a massage!
How long does laser hair removal last for?
The effectiveness of laser hair removal is entirely dependent upon your individual hair type, growth rate and lifestyle factors such as diet and daily habits. You will eventually reach a stage in which the unwanted hair no longer grows, however, it’s important that you return periodically for a top up session to maintain the results.
Unfortunately you will not find a permanent hair removal solution available in salons anywhere in the world. There is always a chance the hair will come back over time following hormone changes like pregnancy.
How long does laser hair removal take?
Laser hair removal is a process, some clients may need more or less treatments than others, this is totally dependent on your type of hair. At Ladies That Laser, we will monitor your progress throughout your course of treatment. We leave 4-6 weeks between each session to allow the hair to be in the correct stage for treatment. The treatment itself is quick and you can be in and out within 20 minutes with smaller areas such as upper lip, underarm or bikini line.
Advantages and disadvantages of laser hair removal?
On the whole, the advantages of laser hair removal far outweigh the disadvantages, but we’ve summarised the key points for consideration below:
- No more shaving rash or discomfort – not having to shave not only saves a whole lot of discomfort, but it’ll save you a lot of time too.No more ingrown hairs – we’ve all been there (especially ladies with curly hair). Ingrown hairs can be very irritating and distracting in our daily lives.
- Quick and pain free – you wont need to spend hours in the salon – or experience the pain of waxing.
- Money-saving – no longer will you need to purchase razors or any shaving related products.
- Hair free = care free – you’ll no longer have to worry about whether you need to shave or not.
Confidence boost – that is what we aim for at Ladies That Laser. We want to help our clients to increase their confidence which spills over into other areas of their life. For more information about laser hair removal in Kent, get in touch today.
- Treatment is most effective on individuals with darker hair and lighter skin
- Some people may deem the treatment an expensive alternative to shaving or waxing, but it is an investment and will be worth it in the long run